Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stripes and Felt Baby Shoes

My friend Merrilee is having her first baby girl soon. I wanted to give her something handmade, because she is a super talented designer, illustrator, seamstress, and do-it-all girl. This was my first attempt at baby shoes, and it was a fun project to take on.






I also made a couple of little felt bow clips, because every little girl needs hair accessories. And her little one will probably have enough hair to actually use them.


For the gold roses on the shoes, I roughly used this pattern from Purl Bee, but I shrunk it quite a bit. The dusty pink rose was made from felt rick-rack and I just kind of twirled and twisted and stitched it together until it looked good. Now I kind of want to make more baby shoes and perfect the art!

Pin It

8 comments:

Emily said...

These are darling!

mama2lilev said...

Those are adorable! You did great for first time.

Lori said...

VERY cute!!!

Mary Kalree said...

Wow, it makes me want to have a baby just on the chance I could get some shoes as cute as those. :)

Dave said...

Cute cute Christy!
-Patti

Piper Spunter said...

Your friends baby will look so adorable in these. I'm sure the baby will be cute but these shoes will really brighten all of your day.

Jack & Lily Footwear said...

Such a different and beautiful design of the shoes. The baby will definitely looks more cute in these shoes.

Anna Schafer said...

I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. https://totshoes.com